Thursday, September 6, 2012

Unwelcome Visitor

Good morning!  Yesterday I was looking out the window over my kitchen sink and watching a hummingbird try to get to these morning glories.  I wanted to get a picture of her, but she kept backing away. 




At first I couldn't figure out why because usually the hummingbirds love these flowers.  Upon closer inspection, I saw the reason.  If you look closely, you can see that the web is pretty big.



If you know me, you know there are two things in particular that I really dislike:  snakes and spiders.  Yes, yes, most spiders are good to have around.  However, I don't want them that close to the house.  No, I didn't kill it; I got it into a plastic container, put the cover on, then released it into the woods behind our house.  It may not like its new location, but I'm sure it will do fine.  And I'm much happier having it farther from the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment