Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Projects

Hi!  We're back from visiting our good friends; had a great New Year's Eve and played lots of cards during the week we were there.  Most people who are traveling in winter go south, but we went north where it was even colder than it is here at home.  But that meant lots of time for quilting with my best friend.

I had time to do the piecing on five projects while I was there; it helps, though, that I had cut out all the pieces before I left home.

Here are two of the tops I finished.

This is a table runner that is wintry looking.  I think I'll use it in July when I start complaining about the heat.  It might remind me to be happy with July temperatures.



This is a close-up of one end.




This one is a 5-yard pattern, but because I fussy-cut the large squares, I didn't have enough fabric to make it a 5x7 block quilt.  But this 5x5 block is still big enough to be a lap size quilt.


In the next post, I'll show you the other three tops I finished.

Stay warm!


Linking to Sew Darn Crafty





No comments:

Post a Comment