Thursday, November 21, 2013

Swirls and a Christmas Runner

Here are a couple of things I've been working on this week.

This unfinished wall hanging is made with a charm pack, which is all I had of that fabric, and white tone-on-tone for the background. 


However, I really like the fabric, so I just ordered a layer cake.  When that comes, I may sew a few more blocks to make this into a bigger quilt.  Not sure yet, but I did want to get more of the fabric while it's still available.


I also finished this Christmas table runner. 


It's made with a jelly roll and is meant to be put together in a random manner.  I have a lot of trouble doing random, especially when the blocks are right together with no sashing.  I'd prefer to have a bit more structure to the look.  So Mr. M laid out all the blocks for me (he's good at random), and I sewed it together just the way he laid it out.  He likes the way it turned out; I'm not sure yet if I do.

The backing is a panel that I had in my stash.




This is a special weekend coming up:  our daughter will be here for a couple of days. We have spent opening deer hunting weekend together for several years.  We always do fun things together, so I'm really looking forward to her visit.


Joining the    Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party





:


No comments:

Post a Comment