Sunday, December 16, 2012

What a Difference a Week Makes!

Last Sunday we got 10 inches of snow, our first snow of the season.  Since it's now December, I figured that this snow would be with us until some time in March (with a few to many more snowstorms on top of it).  Wrong!!  Yesterday, it rained off and on most of the day with temps hovering in the mid-30's. 

So the same view from last week's post now looks like this:



What started out as 10 inches has been reduced to about 2 inches.  Snow can be lovely, but when it lingers for 3 or 4 months or more, that's just too much.  So when we get a reduction in snow cover, that's all right with me.




A few months ago I saw something my niece had made for her mother (my sister).  I thought it was beautiful and told my sister to tell her daughter I would buy one from her if she would be willing to make another one.  She did, and here it is.





She lives on the west coast, and I believe she got the driftwood somewhere along the ocean.  She put the rocks in a tumbler to make them smooth.  Then she twisted wires together to make them into a tree shape and added the rocks.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment