Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I'm Back!

Wow! That was a long break.

Here we are going into summer, and I'm loving it.  Spent most of the day outside yesterday cutting the grass and working in the flower gardens.  The Siberian iris are blooming, and they are beautiful! These are all from one overgrown clump that I divided 3 years ago.  I hated to throw any of them away, so I just put them all on the east side of the house where they get lots of morning sun.  This is the first year that they have bloomed.


Also, the Columbines are in bloom as well as the Wiegela.



Isn't summer grand?  I never tire of looking at the green grass, the leaves on the trees, the flowers, etc. after winter is over.  And it's fun to greet the arrival of the birds who migrate to the area for a few months.  I love having the Barn Swallows swooping around to get insects while I cut the grass.

So, what did I do all winter?  Among other things, I spent a fair amount of time working on quilts which I will show you in my next post.

It feels good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment