Monday, October 1, 2012

End of Summer

Wow, October already!  It seems like summer just gets started and before you know it, it's over.



I do love the colors and crisp air of fall, though. 


The colors this year don't seem to be as varied, maybe because of the dry and hot summer we had. 


There are basically just different shades of yellow--pretty, but not as nice as when oranges and reds are in the mix.


Now that the vegetable garden is finished producing for the year, we're in the process of cleaning it up so it's ready for next spring.  Canning is also about over.  I may buy some apples to can, and after hunting season there will probably be venison to can as well. 

With life slowing down a bit, I'll have more time to spend in the sewing room.  I have quite a few UFOs to finish plus a few wall hanging- and table runner-size things that I want to make. 
I've also been working on our family genealogy for a couple of years and would like to finish that up this winter.  Time will tell if it actually gets done.




No comments:

Post a Comment