Friday, June 12, 2015

Garden Work in Progress

 
 
Life has been very busy lately, but I have managed to make some good progress on that messy garden area.
 
 

Now the Baptisia is no longer competing with a tangle of weeds.  The pink geranium in the lower foreground was lost in weeds, and I was surprised to see it not only still surviving but blooming as well.




The iris are not crowded anymore.  There are still a couple of small oak seedlings growing in here.  I hate to just cut them off, but I don't know if they would survive being dug up and transplanted.  I may try it though.  The blue in the background is a sheet.  I didn't put mulch over it because I want the weeds to die out and then I'll put down mulch after I plant some flowers in that area. 

You can tell that there is still a lot of work to do, but I am pleased with the progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment