Monday, January 20, 2014

Recent Purchases

I'm so excited about some new quilting books I just received.  Connecting Threads was having a 40% off sale on all books, so I took the opportunity to get a couple.

Free-Motion Quilting has great designs and step-by-step diagrams for machine quilting on a domestic sewing machine.  Doodle Quilting has loads of quilting designs, so I should be able to branch out from stitch-in-the-ditch and meandering.  There are several great quilt patterns using charm squares and jelly rolls in A Cut Above.  I've already dog-eared several pages of quilts I want to make.  And lastly, ever since I attended Eleanor Burns' show in Paducah last April, featuring quilts from her new book El's Kitchen, I've been wanting to buy it.

And here are some recent fabric purchases. 


These are a couple pieces of Pam Kitty Picnic.  I love all the Pam Kitty lines, and have not been successful at finding them around here.  When I was at a wonderful quilt shop in Canada, there they were, and I just couldn't leave without buying a little of the fabric.


This charm pack is from that same shop.  The other two pieces and pattern are from a local quilt shop.  I want to make something related to Valentine's Day, so these will be perfect!

Now I'm off to make something wonderful with these new purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment